Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Week 1 - Starting Fresh

Well, week 1 is in the books -- literally.  I have successfully completed the first 8 days of 365 days of fitness.  On most days, I satisfied my fitness activity with a run.  I am currently starting my "return" to running after being off for about 4 months, so my runs are currently only 2-4 miles.  And suck.  I am definitely feeling "out of shape."  During the course of the first week, I also decided that I may sign up to do one (or a couple) triathlons, with the first possible being a sprint tri in April.  That lead to one day being a 20 mile bike ride.  It felt good to get back on the bike after being away for so long!  I only had one "off day," on which I made a simple 3x20 push-ups my workout.

I continue to feel motivated.  As my return to cardio exercise continues, I am feeling more and more the pull of a real return to endurance training.  Loose goals include the triathlons that I mentioned, the 10k in April, a half iron-man in September, and either the half or full marathon in Richmond in November.  I'm not going to peg myself into any one of those holes quite yet, but the mind set is returning.  Feels good to be getting back to who I really am.

Hope everyone else's endeavors are going well!


1 comment:

  1. Good work Big Ant. Keep chipping off miles and dont neglect those drills and strengthening sessions as you do. I've no doubt you'll return to form quickly.

    I've been pretty diligent with hitting the weight room and tossing in a few miles here and there in my rough(and unbooked) pursuit of 365 days. Is lifting getting back to who I really am? Or has my endurance vision just been clouded so long by various injuries/aches/pains that i forgot the joys of distance? Who the hell knows. But i'm enjoying what i'm doing now.

    Get fit brotha.

    ReplyDelete